"That's Why I'm a Member"The Top Ten Reasons to Join ABC
- ABC Gets You Business
ABC Trains Your Workforce
- Out-of-town contractors doing work in our region frequently call the ABC office for local contractor referrals.
ABC Educates Your Mangers and Supervisors
- ABC is now the leading provider of craft training in the industry.
- ABC of Western Pennsylvania provides craft training / registered apprenticeship classes in carpentry, electrical, sprinkler fitting, sheet metal, iron working, and roofing. Our chapter works closely with the National Center for Construction Education and Research.
ABC is the Voice of the Merit Shop
- ABC of Western Pennsylvania offers members classes on jobsite supervision, safety training, scheduling, motivating employees, etc.
ABC Helps Keep the Government Off Your Back
- Our chapter and ABC National educate the public about the role of open shop contractor companies in Western Pennsylvania and Nation-wide building projects. Supplements to the Pittsburgh Business Times, newsletters, Web sites, press releases, events, etc. help promote our merit shop message.
ABC Helps Handle Your Labor Problems
- Whether it's keeping you informed of new OSHA regulations or promoting pro-business legislation at the state and federal level, ABC is one of the most influential business groups in the United States.
- ABC of Western Pennsylvania challenges Union-only Project Labor Agreements (we recently won a court challenge versus the City of Erie).
ABC Saves Your Business Money
- When unexpected labor problems occur, ABC members get top priority from the most experienced labor counsel in the industry. All chapter members receive free consultation on each labor dispute with the chapter's legal counsel.
ABC Keeps You Informed
- ABC has marketing partnerships on critical construction services, including Pennsylvani One Call, Enterprise Fleet Services, Williams Scotsman, Instant Technologies, Foundation Software, 3E Company, DHL, Roadway Express, Paychex, McGraw-Hill Construction, The Blue Book, and more.
- ABC of Western Pennsylvania has partnered with the Pittsburgh Business Times to give members up to a 60% discount on advertisements placed in ABC supplements.
ABC Helps You Network
- ABC National's award-winning monthly news magazine, Construction Executive, keeps you abreast of changes in the industry and provides valuable information to help you perform your job faster, safer, and more cost effectively.
- ABC of Western Pennsylvania also publishes a monthly newsletter, For Members Only.
ABC Recognizes and Promotes Your Work
- ABC members prefer to do business with ABC members. ABC of Western Pennsylvania provides monthly networking events to give our members chances to meet with other member firms and identify opportunities to help your business grow.
- Member companies are encouraged to submit projects for competition and awards in our annual Excellence in Construction program. These projects are judged by a panel of architects, and winners are featured in the Pittsburgh Business Times, in For Members Only, and on the chapter Web site. Winners are also recognized at the Excellence in Construction Awards Banquet each spring and are eligible to compete in the ABC National Excellence in Construction program.
- Member companies also nominate and vote for their fellow members in our Construction Industry Awards. Categories include: General Contractor of the Year, Subcontractor of the Year, Supplier of the Year, Associate of the Year, Electrical Contractor of the Year, HVAC Contractor of the Year, etc.
Associated Builders & Contractors of Western Pennsylvania, Inc.
2360 Venture Drive, Gibsonia, PA 15044
Phone: 412.213.3556 | E-mail Address